Prawn cocktail recipe
- 12 cooked king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup pouring cream
- lemon juice, a big squeeze
- salt and pepper
- tabasco sauce, optional
To create the cocktail sauce, mix together in a bowl the cream, tomato sauce, lemon juice, tobasco. Taste and season accordinly. Pour sauce into a serving dish.
On a serving plate, arrange the cocktail sauce, the peeled prawns and a couple of slices of lemon.
- Prawn cocktails may be incredibly out of fashion but they are a considered a classic for a very good reason - with good fresh prawns, the combination of the sweet meat with the tangy cocktail sauce can't be beaten!
- I prefer to make my Prawn cocktails all about the goodness of the prawns, but you could make this more of a meal - and more fancy - by adding a salad of diced avocado and tomato. And chopped iceberg lettuce never goes astray either!
- This article was created by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder