Best-ever roast vegetables recipe
There are roast veggies and then there are these best-ever roast veggies! Lemon juice and rosemary give them a gorgeous flavour which go beautifully with any roast meat or fish. save any leftovers to make a tasty Spanish omelette for the next day.
- 1kg waxy potatoes
- 1kg kumera
- 2 spanish onions
- 2 tbspn olive oil
- 2 tbspn fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbspn fresh rosemary
Preheat oven 180 degrees C. Peel all vegetables and chop up into equal sizes.
In a mixing bowl, add vegetables, oil, lemon and rosemary.
Toss thoroughly and then place into a baking dish.
Bake for 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Obviously, you can roast any vegetables you like. I sometimes like to add parsnips, pumpkin and carrots.
- The lemon really adds a whole other dimension to these roast vegetables that is delicious.
- The article was created by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard