Easter chick cupcakes recipe
- 380g vanilla cake mix
- 3 tbsps of butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 180g butter, softened
- 2 cups icing mixture
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- 12 drops of yellow food colouring
- 24 choc chips (for eyes)
- 1 handful of cornflakes (for the beaks)
Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a 12 cup tray with patty pans.
Prepare cake mix as directed on the box and scoop 1/4 cups of the batter into 12 patty pans. Bake for 15-20 mins.
Remove and cool on a cake rack.
Beat butter with an electric mixer until pale and creamy, gradually add icing mixture and beat for 2 mins on high.
Spread this generously over the cooled cupcakes.
Place coconut in a ziplock bag with the food colouring and shake and rub until all the coconut is yellow.
Press the coconut into the icing on each cupcake.
Dot icing on the choc chips and place as eyes and push a cornflake in for the beak.
- You can use these year round for childrens parties.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.