Raspberry jewel cake recipe
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 165g caster suger
- 2 eggs
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup raspberries, frozen
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Butter and line a 20cm round cake tin.
Cream butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Beat each egg into the butter mixture one at a time.
Add the flour and milk, alternating between the two, stirring between each addition.
Add half the quanttity of raspberries to the cake mixture and fold through.
Spread half the cake mixture into the cake tin and scatter the remainig raspberries across the top then cover with the remaining fruit.
Bake in the oven for approximatey 40 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- This is just about the eaiest cake in the world to make from scratch - and it is delicious!
- If you wanted to serve this for afternoon tea, you could make it a litte more fancy with a dollop of thickened cream and a sprinkling of icing sugar acoss the top.
- Using frozen raspberries (don't defrost them as they'll go all mushy) means that you don't hav to wait til raspberry season to make this cake.
- This recipes was create by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.