Cherry ripe cheesecake recipe
- 250g chocolate biscuits (I used chocolate covered teddy bears)
- 125g butter, melted
- 85g raspberry jelly crystals
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 500g cream cheese
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 170g cherry Ripe candy bars, diced
Grease a springform tin liberally with canola spray.
Crush the biscuits in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and blend until combined. Press into the prepared springform pan.
Dissolve jelly crystals in boiling water. Soften the cream cheese with an electric beater then gradually add the jelly, beat until smooth.
Fold through thickened cream and Cherry Ripe pieces. Pour onto crust, cover with cling wrap and chill until set.
- This cheesecake recipe will set in about 2 hours but it tastes better if it's left overnight.
- If you can’t get your hands on Cherry Ripe bar – an Australian classic chocolate bar – you may be able to find some other type of cherry-chocolate bar that will do the job.
- I have been having a love affair recently with cheesecakes. They’re just so easy to make and the results always look like you really care!
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand'sbest recipe finder.