Spinach cobb dip recipe
- 1 white Cobb loaf, unsliced
- 250g spinach, frozen chopped
- ½ white onion, diced finely
- 300ml sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pkt Continental spring vegetable soup mix
Defrost spinach and squeeze out excess water.
Combine onion, spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise and soup mix in a bowl. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 180°C. Take a lid off the Cobb loaf and scoop out bread in bite size pieces and put aside.
Spray all the bread with non stick cooking spray and bake for 10 minutes on an oven tray to crisp up.
Leave to cool and fill with spinach mixture.
Serve with lid and reserved bread.
- This is so popular at parties I always make two.
- It's great for picnics and filling the gap while you are waiting for a main meal to be served.
- It is best to leave the spinach mixture overnight to absorb the flavours from the soup mix.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.