Simple French onion potato bake recipe
This is a simple french onion potato bake recipe created for Kidspot. Layers of onions, potatoes and french onion soup meld in a creamy sauce with fluffy potatoes as the star
- 2 kg potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 4 brown onions, peeled and sliced into rings
- 1 pkt French onion soup mix
- 600ml pouring cream
In a large baking dish layer onions, potatoes and soup mix in that order until all ingredients are used ending with potatoes as the last layer.
Pour cream evenly across the dish.
Cover with foil and bake for 50mins at 180ºC.
- This recipe can also be made in the microwave oven. Just place the ingredients in a dish and cover. Microwave for 45-50 mins.
- It's also nice served with a side salad for a light lunch.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder