Thai fish cakes recipe
- 500g white boneless fish
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp red chilli, chopped
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup green beans, chopped
- 2 shallots, sliced
- Peanut oil for frying
Place fish in food processor and puree for one minute on high.
Add egg, chilli, fish sauce, cornflour, curry paste and coriander. Process until thoroughly combined.
Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl.
Stir in green beans and shallots.
Form patties using 1/4 cup measures.
Fry in hot peanut oil until golden. Drain on kitchen towel.
Serve with sweet chilli sauce and coriander to garnish.
- Simple fast and delicious, these Thai fish cakes were ready in a flash and packed full of authentic Thai flavours. They were so much easier to make than I thought!
- Get yourself some kitchen gloves to form those patties otherwise your hands will smell a bit fishy for a while.
- You can increase the chopped chilli to turn up the heat or omit it altogether for the little ones.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.