Cheaty salmon and broccoli quiche recipe
- 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry
- 8 eggs
- 100ml cream
- 100 ml milk
- 1 ½ cups frozen broccoli
- 2 rashers bacon, diced
- 10cm leek, finely diced
- 3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- 150g fresh salmon or small tin of red salmon
Preheat oven to 160°C
Grease your pie dish (I just use canola spray).
Thaw your pastry and then line the pie dish.
Put leek, bacon, cheese on bottom and add broccoli florets.
Cut fresh salmon into cubes/strips and distribute on the pie crust. If using a tin of salmon, drain the tin well, break up the salmon slightly with a fork and scatter across the pastry.
Mix eggs, cream, milk and pepper with fork until well combined.
Pour over top of all other ingredients and with your fork, ensure it mixes through the ingredients.
Put in the oven, check at 30 mins and turn down if looking a bit over brown. Cook for a further 30 mins until the egg mixture springs back when you touch it in the centre of the pie.
- You can make the pastry on this Salmon and broccoli quiche look fancy by pressing the back of a fork into the pastry around the rim of the pie dish.
- Generally I like to make things from scratch but sometimes I like to cheat – and this is one of those times!
- This recipe is a real crowd-pleaser. It’s delicious straight from the oven but is equally yummy cold.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.