Chicken burrito bake recipe
- 2 full breasts of chicken, chopped into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 serve of taco mix
- 7-8 flat breads or burritos
- 50g butter
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 ½ cups tasty cheese, grated
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 spring onions, chopped finely
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 1 x 420g tin diced tomatoes
- Chilli powder
- 1 sliced capsicum (optional)
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Melt your butter in frypan and add your taco seasoning, add chicken and sauté until cooked, set aside.
On your flatbreads, spread bean mix, scatter chicken, spring onions and some tasty cheese
Roll, and put into greased baking pan.
Repeat until you've filled your baking pan.
Mix your tomatoes, onion, chilli powder and capsicum, if desired, in a bowl. Spread on top of burritos.
Finally, spread the remainder of tasty cheese and mozzarella cheese over the top.
Cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
Serve with shredded lettuce and diced tomato on top.
- If you don’t have time to make the taco seasoning, you could use a packet of the pre-prepared seasoning mix you can buy in supermarkets.
- I used mountain bread when I made this Chicken burrito bake as I had some that needed using up.
- I didn’t have any refried beans handy so I combined a can of drained cannellini beans and a can of drained kidney beans and then pureed them together.
- I don’t use capsicum in my cooking as hubby is allergic but I am sure it would be delicious!
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.