Beef and rice croquettes with tomato onion gravy recipe
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 ½ cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced or finely chopped
- ½ onion, grated
- ½ carrot grated and/or peas or corn (optional)
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 420g tin diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
Spray baking tray with canola spray.
Mix all ingredients except the gravy ingredients in bowl and mould into croquet (i.e. sausage-like) forms with hands and place on baking tray.
Bake for 15 minutes, then turn over and bake for a further 10 minutes.
Whilst croquettes are baking, prepare gravy.
Heat oil in deep fry pan, add onions and fry until soft. Add tomatoes and fill the can ½ with water, add to tomatoes and add salt and pepper. Simmer.
When croquettes are baked, add them to gravy and simmer for another 10 minutes, ensuring you turn the croquettes to get them covered by the gravy.
Serve with mash or scalloped tomatoes and greens.
- These beef and rice croquettes make perfect leftovers, hot or cold.
- This is the perfect recipe for when you have beef mince but no inspiration!
- I like to make this recipe when I have a heap of things to use up in the fridge.
- If your kids like sausages, they’ll love these croquettes – and even better, you can hide all manner of veggies in them.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.