Chocolate crackles recipe
Chocolate crackles are a birthday party favourite with all kids of all ages. They're super easy to make and, if you're lucky, there may be a couple left over for adults to enjoy, too.
- 4 cups rice bubbles or rice puffs
- 1 1/2 cups (230g) icing sugar, sifted
- 1 cup (85g) desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup hundreds and thousands (sprinkles)
- 3 tbsp cocoa or powdered cooking chocolate
- 250g Copha
In a large bowl combine rice bubbles, icing sugar, coconut, hundreds and thousands and cocoa. Mix well.
Melt copha in a small saucepan over medium heat. When completely melted, pour over the dry ingredients.
Mix well, ensuring all ingredients are covered with Copha.
With a spoon, fill cupcake cases and place on a baking tray. Chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Crackles can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- You can substitute the hundreds and thousands with coloured sprinkles or cachous if you wish.
- This is a party favourite and no birthday party is complete without chocolate crackles!
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.