Tom Yum soup recipe
A spicy Thai Tom Yum Goong soup created for Kidspot.co.nz. healthy and packed full of prawns and delicious vegetables this easy hot and sour soup recipe is a fast and satisfying recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 sachet Tom yum paste (Mae Ploy)
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 baby corn, halved
- 1/4 red capsicum, sliced into strips
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 6 green prawns, peeled with tails intact
- Coriander to garnish
Bring water to boil in a saucepan and add Tom yum paste.
Stir well to dissolve and add vegetables.
Simmer for 5 minutes and add prawns.
Cook for a further 3 minutes and serve garnished with coriander.
- Most Thai recipes are written per person and when testing this recipe I discovered that the paste satchet is just exactly enough for one person, therefore if you are making this for a family of four you will need 4 satchets.
- This is a really refreshing soup and I love the hot and sour aspects of it coupled with the crunchy prawns.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.