Pesto chicken pasta recipe
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 400g chicken breast fillet slices
- 450g fettuccine
Place the basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts and cheese in a food processor or blender
and pulse until beginning to mix. Add the oil and pulse until combined and chunky but not overly smooth. Stir in salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
Bring a frying pan to medium heat and add oil. Cook chicken until golden on all sides, and set aside.
Bring a large salted pot of water to a rolling boil and cook fettuccine according to packet instructions and drain.
Toss chicken through with pesto and pasta, serve immediately.
- Feel free to add more oil or cheese or nuts to this pesto according to how you like it. You can substitute rocket for basil, and walnuts for pine nuts - feel free to experiment!
- This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.