Garlic mushrooms, tomatoes and chipolatas recipe
- 100g butter, salted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 large flat mushrooms
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 750g chipolata sausages
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Prepare a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper or foil.
Soften the butter in the microwave until you can push a fork through it easily.
Crush the garlic and add to the butter. Mix thoroughly.
Clean the mushrooms with a soft cloth or paper towel to remove any dirt. Place on the baking tray.
Smear a spoonful of the butter mixture across the inside each mushroom.
Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until all the butter has melted and soaked through the mushroom onto the baking tray surface.
Meanwhile, preheat BBQ or large frying pan.
Cut the tomatoes in half across the middle and core the top half. Set aside.
Place the chipolatas on the hot BBQ and cook through.
Just before removing the chipolatas, place the tomato halves on the BBQ and cook for two minutes before turning and cooking the other side for another two minutes.
Serve mushrooms, tomatoes and chipolatas immediately.
- You may think that there is a lot of butter in the mushrooms but most of this will soak through the vegetable onto the baking tray (hence the use of baking paper or foil) to leave a deliciously garlicky buttery residue. Think garlic bread here...
- You could cook the mushrooms on the BBQ but I prefer to cook them in the oven so they don’t burn at all and get the longer, slower heat that will make them go all soft and yum.
- Any sausages will do of course, but I like to use chipolatas because they are little so cook quickly.
- This recipe was created by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find related sausage recipes
- Bangers and mash
- Chevaps and roasted vegetable salad
- Creamy curried sausages
- Curried sausages
- Italian sausage and rocket penne
- Garlic mushrooms, tomatoes and chipolatas
- Sausage and beef casserole
- Sausage and mushroom pasta
- Sausage bake
- Sausage hotpot
- Sausage salad
- Sausages with spiralli
- Tomatoey chipolatas with polenta
- Yummy curried sausages