Thai red chicken curry recipe
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, diced
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 400ml coconut cream
- 2tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 baby eggplants, sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 green capsicum, sliced
- 20 green beans, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
In a pan, fry the diced chicken in hot peanut oil to seal and add curry paste.
Fry for 2 minutes and add the coconut cream, brown sugar and fish sauce.
Add 1 cup of water and bring to a slow simmer.
Toss in all the vegetables except for the bean sprouts. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in bean sprouts just before serving.
- This is a little smoother than a green curry. It seams to highlight the flavours of the vegetables better. Even my children will have this curry.
- You can make it spicier by adding an extra tablespoon of curry paste and some sliced red chillies.
- I like to serve this with steamed jasmine rice alongside a plate of Thai fishcakes.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.