No bake cheesecake recipe
- 250g plain sweet biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 375g cream cheese, at room temperature
- Zest of 2 limes
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of lime juice
- 400g condensed milk
- 10g satchet of gelatine
Grease and line a 20cm springform tin. Set aside.
In the processor, crush the biscuits and add butter mixing well.
Take half the mixture and press it firmly into the bottom of the tin and press the reamining biscuit mixture into the sides of the tin using a straight sided glass.
Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
In a clean bowl beat the cream cheese until it's smooth. Add the zest and vanilla and mix well.
Sprinkle the gelatine satchet over the mixture and gradually add the condensed milk and lime juice beating until smooth and all ingredients are well combined.
Pour into the the tin and refridgerate for 4 hours minimum, preferably overnight. Decorate with lime zest over the top.
- Some similiar recipes to this use no gelatine at all but I prefer to use a satchet to ensure a firm cheese mix.
- The cake in the recipe picture was very large and I used a double quantity of everything for the photograph.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.