Easy zucchini slice recipe
Pre-heat oven to 160ºC. Oil a quiche or lasagne dish. Put all ingredients into a big bowl and mix really well. Pour into dish and co
- 6 zucchini, grated
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 potato, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 8 slices of short cut bacon, chopped
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
Pre-heat oven to 160ºC. Oil a quiche or lasagne dish.
Put all ingredients into a big bowl and mix really well.
Pour into dish and cook in the oven for one hour.
- This is simple delicious and very cheap. If you are vegetarian simply leave out the ham.
- This is great for lunch with a side salad or great for entertaining. Just cut it into bite size pieces and garnish.
- Some additions to change it up can be corn, ham, capsicum, salami, tomato, smoked salmon and sour cream, peas, grated pumpkin, mushrooms, baby spinach, diced onion, grated sweet potato, cooked chorizo sausage, yellow zucchini and diced or shredded chicken.
- This is very versatile and can also be poured into a muffin tin for individual serves that only take 25- 30 minutes to cook or into mini muffins for 12-15 mins.
- For the tiny tots you can grate those vegetables very finely and even peel the zucchini if they wont eat anything green.
- When I give them to my children I just call them cheese and ham puffs or yellow cupcakes.!
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.