Grand Marnier and chocolate mousse recipe
- 200g dark chocolate
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl over simmering water. Don't let the water touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir until the chocolate is smooth and set aside.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs whites with an electric mixer until they form stiff peaks. Add the egg yolks one at a time beating well.
Beat in the chocolate and gradually add the oil in a thin stream and then the Grand Marnier, making sure it is all well combined.
Pour into small dishes or martini glasses and refrigerate until firm.
- This is a super-rich decadent dessert and a little goes a long way.
- The oil gives this chocolate mousse a silky feel on the tongue but adds no flavour at all.
- This is really nice served with a dollop of double cream and some orange slices cooked in orange juice and brown sugar on the side.
- You can make this recipe a day ahead and it works well for a midweek dinner party or special occasion.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.