Banana custard pie recipe
- 1 Pampas frozen sweet pastry case
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beated
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 250g jar IXL Mango, pineapple and passionfruit conserve
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden.
Mix cream, cornflour and vanilla with eggs and pour into pastry case.
Bake for a further 20-25 minutes.
Place sliced bananas in a circular pattern over the top of the baked custard.
Heat conserve gently in a pan and brush generously all over the bananas.
- This is a very sunny looking pie and the conserve really adds to the appeal.
- You can add 2 tblsp of coconut into the custard mix before baking to add more of a tropical flavour.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.