Popcorn chicken recipe
- 3-4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
Cut the chicken breasts into small chunks.
Sift the flour and mix in the salt and cajun seasoning.
Dip the chicken in the egg then generously coat in the flour mixture.
Heat the oil in a pan. Drop a few drops of batter into the oil and if it sizzles and fries it is ready.
Add chicken to the oil in small batches and turn over to make sure both sides are cooked evenly.
Remove and drain on kitchen paper when golden. Leave to drain a moment or two so the chicken is crunchy. Sprinkle salt after to taste.
- This recipe tastes just like KFC!
- The smaller you cut the pieces of chicken the crispier the end product will be.
- You'll get great results if you use a deep fryer.
- This recipe is surprisely easy to make and gives moist little chicken bites with little effort.
- I like to serve it with crispy shoestring fries and a lemon wedge.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.