Easy scones recipe
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 2 heaped tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 - 1 & 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 50g butter, melted
Preheat oven to 210°C.
Sift flour, baking powder and icing sugar together.
Stir in egg, milk and butter.
Turn out onto a floured board and leave to rest for 20 mins.
Roll to 2cm thickness.
Cut out circles with a glass, dipping it in flour between cuts.
Place scones close together on baking paper covered baking sheet and rest for a further 10 mins.
Bake for 10 mins.
- These easy scones rise beautifully with no kneading required.
- Add milk slowly and make sure mixture isn't too sticky.
- The resting time enables them to puff up nicely.
- They tasted delicious served with jam and cream.
- They are also a great lunch box item.
- This Easy scone recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.