Chicken in oyster sauce stirfry recipe
- 4 tbsp peanut oil
- 500g chicken breast, sliced
- 1 onion,
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into thin batons
- 250ml oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
In a hot wok, add peanut oil and fry chicken in two separate batches until golden and set aside.
Fry onions, garlic, carrots and capsicum together for 3 minutes. Add chicken back into the pan.
Pour oyster and soy sauce into the pan and toss to coat.
Stir cornflour into water and add to the pan until sauce thickens (around 3 mins).
Toss in bean sprouts and serve on noodles or rice garnished with shallots.
- It's important with stirfries to have all the ingredients prepped before you start cooking and it's also ideal to have the table set.
- This cooks up really quickly and sometimes I like to add the noodles to the pan to be coated in that sauce as well.
- There are varying qualities of oyster sauce. We have used the lower quality in this recipe.
- You can add some grated ginger and chilli to spice it up a little.
- This Chicken in oyster sauce recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.