Hummingbird cupcakes recipe
- 1½ cups plain flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable/canola oil
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 (300g) bananas, mashed
- 1/4 (150g) medium fresh pineapple, chopped
- Shredded or desiccated coconut to decorated
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Sift flour, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Stir in sugar.
Add oil, eggs, pecans, banana and pineapple to flour mixture. Mix well.
Divide mixture between paper cases. Sprinkle with coconut.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
Cool and devour.
- These cupcakes freeze really well.
- With no dairy in these cupcakes, they’re perfect for those of us with lactose intolerance problems.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Related cupcake recipes
- Basic cupcakes recipe
- Fruity lemon cupcakes recipe
- Clown cupcakes recipe
- Rubber duckie cupcakes recipe
- Cupcake tower birthday cakes recipe
- Red velvet cupcakes
- Chocolate and raspberry butterfly cupcakes
- Princess crown cupcakes
- Gluten free choc chip cupcakes recipe
- Frog in the pond cupcakes recipe