Jaffa cupcakes recipe
- 250g butter, softened
- zest and juice of one orange
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self raising sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered chocolate/cocoa, sifted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 75g dark cooking chocolate
- 50g butter
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Place butter, juice and zest in mixer. Mix until creamy.
Add sugar and eggs, and beat for about 2-3 minutes on high speed until fluffy.
Add flour, cocoa and milk and beat for another 2-3 minutes - mixture will be very fluffy and mousse-like.
Line muffin/cupcake pans with cupcake papers and spoon a heaped tablespoon in each paper.
Bake for 10-15 minutes. Test for done-ness with skewer after 10 minutes.
Cool and ice.
To make the icing, melt chocolate in microwave and stir. Then melt again for another minute. Remove, add butter and stir until it melts in. Sift in icing sugar and stir.
- I spoon the icing onto the cupcakes so it oozes to the sides. Mmm!
- You could garnish each cupcake with candied orange peel – this time I piped with icing mixture made from sugar/water/food colour in a ziplock bag.
- These cupcakes are just perfect – not too sickly sweet and just the right amount of tang.
- This cupcake mixture is so tasty that you might feel tempted to eat it all before it gets into the oven! Don’t cave into temptation though because the cooked results are even better.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related cupcake recipes
- Frog in the pond cupcakes
- Gluten free choc chip cupcakes recipe
- Cupcake tower birthday cake recipe
- Monogrammed cupcakes
- White chocolate cupcakes
- Easter chick cupcakes
- Basic cupcake recipe