Paris mashed potato recipe
- 1kg floury potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 100g butter
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
Cut potatoes into even sized pieces. Cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Salt.
Simmer until tender and drain into a colander and leave for steam to rise off for 2-3 mins.
Heat milk, cream and butter in the microwave for 1-11/2 minutes.
Pass potatoes through a potato ricer or mouli into a bowl and start to whip in the hot cream, milk and butter mixture a little at a time until all ingredients are combined and light and fluffy.
- I find Desiree potatoes works well with this recipe.
- This is ultra-rich special occasion potatoes so don't worry too much about the kilojoule count.
- This is called Paris Mash because it's a particularly French version of mashed potato - loads of butter and cream!
- This Paris Mash recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.