Banana cupcakes with honey cream recipe
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups mashed bananas ( approx. 4 medium bananas)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 1/4 cup pure icing sugar
Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced).
In a medium sized mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt and with a fork, mixt together until all combined, create a well in the centre.
Add the melted butter, eggs, banana and vanilla essence.
Stir through with fork until well combined.
Fill muffin pans with your cupcake papers, then spoon in the mixture until it reaches approx the half full.
Place in oven for 12-18 minutes until golden brown on top. Leave to cool.
To make the frosting, mix all ingredients together for about 5 minutes with an electric mixer, until they become silky and pale. Fill a piping bag (I've used Wilton 1M tip) or a ziplock bag with a corner cut off - or if you wish to ice freehand with a knife – and cover the cupcake with a swirl of honey cream.
- The unfrosted banana cupcakes are suitable for freezing.
- These cupcakes are actually little fluffy cakes, as opposed to the muffin-like quality most banana cupcakes resemble.
- The good news with this recipe (aside from the taste, of course!) is that there is only one fork required in the making! No pile of washing up to get through at the end.
- Thanks to Martha Stewart for the cake recipe.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.