Chicken and vegetable korma curry recipe
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into 5cm strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 100g green beans, topped and tailed
- 1 jar Korma simmer sauce, I used Patak’s Korma
Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the chicken pieces to the pan and stir to until they are all sealed.
Add the simmer sauce. Fill the jar half-full of water and tip this over the sauce and chicken. Stir until thoroughly combined. Bring the sauce to the boil and then turn the heat down to simmer.
Add the vegetables and then cover the pan for 10 minutes.
Check the chicken is cooked through and then serve.
- I am not a big fan of sauces from a bottle but I do think that most Indian sauces are completely respectable – and when you need a mid-week curry fix, they are great solution!
- I have been known to throw all sorts of vegetables into my curries – it’s really more about what I have in the cupboard than any strategic planning.
- I think the accompaniments to a curry are as important as the curry – I always serve this with basmati rice, pappadums, yoghurt and cucumber and mango chutney. The mango chutney is essential!
- This recipe was created by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.