Slow cooker pear and pecan pudding recipe
A delicious fruity pecan pudding that comes complete with its own caramel sauce underneath. It's great served with ice cream or custard.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pear nectar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4 tinned pear halves
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup drained tin pears, chopped
In a saucepan mix brown sugar, water, pear nectar, butter and ginger. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 mins.
Spray cooking oil on the inside of the slow cooker. Pour brown sugar mix into the base of the slow cooker.
Place sliced pear halves into the brown sugar mix.
In a separate bowl place flour, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon. Add milk and oil and stir gently until just combined. Fold in chopped pears and pecans.
Pour cake mix into brown sugar mix and cook on high for 2 hours. Remove lid and turn off slow cooker. Leave to stand for 30 mins.
Serve with warm custard.
- This pudding has a gorgeous caramel sauce that goes perfectly with custard and ice cream.
- Make sure that you don't work the cake batter too much because it makes the pudding chewy.
- A little of this goes a long way. You only need small portions.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.