Banana and honey porridge recipe
- 1 cup instant oats
- 2 cups of water
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp honey
In a saucepan, place the instant oats and the water.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 mins.
While the porridge is simmering, mash the banana and stir through at the end before serving.
Lie some banana slices on top and drizzle the honey over.
- You can add some skim milk to this porridge if you are in a hurry.
- Sometimes I like to swap the banana and honey with half teaspoon of cinnamon and small tin of baby pureed apples.
- It should take you less than 5 minutes to get this breakfast ready and it will set you up for the whole day.
- I ignore my children's pleas for sugary cereals during winter and just make a huge pot of porridge. They soon stop asking.
Related breakfast recipes
- Bacon and corn fritters
- Bubble and squeak
- Breakfast bars
- Banana pancakes with caramel sauce
- Baguette with chocolate hazelnut spread
- Strawberry and banana smoothie
- Baked beans with ham
- Tutti fruity muesli
- Green eggs and ham
- Hash browns
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.