Boiled eggs recipe
- Enough water to cover them
Place eggs in cold water in a saucepan.
Bring to the boil and time from when the water starts to boil. 3 minutes for a soft boiled egg or 5 minutes for a hard boiled egg.
For hard boiled eggs run them under cold water and peel.
- Make sure that you have enough water to cover the eggs.
- Organic free range eggs are the best if you are eating them like this.
- Serve them with buttery toast soldiers for dipping and some freshly cracked pepper and salt.
Related breakfast recipes
- Bacon and corn fritters
- Bubble and squeak
- Breakfast bars
- Banana pancakes with caramel sauce
- Baguette with chocolate hazelnut spread
- Strawberry and banana smoothie
- Baked beans with ham
- Tutti fruity muesli
- Green eggs and ham
- Hash browns
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.