Coconut balls recipe
With only four ingredients, these apricot and coconut balls are the perfect treat to make with your kids. They'll love shaping the coconut balls in their hands and then rolling them in the desiccated coconut. Easy and delicious!
Makes approximately 50 balls
- 9 Arnott’s Morning Coffee biscuits
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk
In a food processor, place the biscuits and process for 20 seconds on high speed until you have fine crumbs.
Add the rest of the ingredients and process for approximately 1 minute until all ingredients are well processed and resemble a thick dough.
Place some coconut in a shallow container or plate and roll the apricot mixture into balls approximately the diameter or a 10c piece. The balls are easier to roll if you wet your hands.
Place balls into the coconut, and roll until covered.
Store in the refrigerator until serving.
- You can make this as per the original recipe without the food processor by finely chopping the apricots and crushing biscuits by hand, then mixing in the coconut and condensed milk. The food processor, however, gives a more even consistency.
- For a lower calorie alternative, use 99% fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- These are great for birthday parties or a Christmas treat. Kids can package them up as gifts.
- This is Moira Gillard's recipe - adapted by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.