BBQ chicken wings recipe
The secret to this tasty recipe for BBQ chicken wings is in the plum sauce that gives these wings a mellow fruity flavour that can't be beaten. Make plenty because they'll all go quick sticks!
- 1.5 kg chicken wings, roughly 9 large ones
- 2/3 cup plum sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
Add all ingredients except the chicken wings in a zip lock bag or airtight container.
Mix well then add chicken.
Put in fridge for at least one hour to marinate.
Preheat oven to 220°C. Put chicken on a greased baking tray and place in oven for around 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- SPC make a great plum sauce in a jar; you'll find it in the supermarket with sauces like tomato and Worcestershire
- Add this one to your 'easy and cheap' dinner rotation or even your 'easy entertainer' list.
- This marinade is also great on pork ribs or drumsticks.
- These are also fantastic cold and you can take the leftovers for work-lunches or for picnics. We also make ahead for picnic and family functions to eat cold.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.