Veal piccata recipe
- 6 veal leg steaks
- 6 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 thin lemon slices
Place veal steaks between 2 pieces of cling wrap and beat until very thin.
Dust veal in plain flour.
In a frying pan heat the olive oil and fry the veal steaks until cooked on both sides. They will take around 2 mins due to being so thin. Set aside in a warm place.
Heat the same frying pan and add the wine to deglaze the pan. Bring to the boil and add the lemon juice and butter and whisk together.
Return to the boil and pour over veal steaks on serving plates. Top each steak with lemon slices. Serve with steamed vegetables.
- This is a classic sauce that you may have seen served in Italian restaurants as Veal Limone.
- The sauce lends itself perfectly to the delicate flavour of the veal. It is very complimentary to steamed vegetables and great with asparagus .
- Beef and glass noodle stirfry
- French omelette
- Easy lamb koftas
- Fettucine alfredo
- Spaghetti with tuna and tomatoes
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Chicken wraps
- Steak sandwich
- Gnocchi with tomato and basil
- Penne with ricotta, spinach and cherry tomatoes
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.