French omelette recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp water
Whisk eggs with water unti combined.
Heat a non stick pan and melt butter in it.
Pour in egg mix and roll around pan to coat all entire bottom of pan.
Agitate pan a little and roll uncooked egg mix into any gaps that form. Try to make sure that omelette is free from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Just before you think the mix is cooked flip one third of the omelette into the centre and then flip the middle third onto the outer edge.
Slide onto a plate with the fold underneath and garnish with a little parsley. Season with salt and cracked pepper.
- Omelettes are a fast nutritious meal and easy on the budget.
- You add your favourite fillings like cheese, tomato, ham or asparagus.
- Some people like to use cream or milk in place of the water.
- These take a light hand and a little practice but it's always worth it.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.