Spaghetti with tuna and olives recipe
- Cooked spaghetti to serve 4
- 1 425g tin Tuna in oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 20 leaves of fresh basil, shredded
- 2 fresh vine ripened tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
Drain tuna, flake apart and reserve oil.
In a hot fryan add 4 tablespoons of the tunas oil and fry the garlic for 2 mins.
Add the cooked spaghetti and stir to coat in the oil. Add fresh tomatoes, flaked tuna and olives.
Toss to heat for 2 mins and stir through shredded basil.
- If you don't have fresh tomatoes and basil you can use a can of diced tomatoes and few teaspoons of dried basil in a pinch. I prefer the fresh items and always have fresh basil in my fridge.
- To keep basil for a long time you can take the elastic band off the bunch and lay them on wet paper towels. Roll them up and store in a plastic bag in the fridge. They will last around 2 weeks this way.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.