Steak sandwich recipe
- 4 sourdough rolls
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 minute steaks
- garlic salt
- 4 tbsp aioli
- 1 red onion,sliced into rings
- 1 punnet mixed cherry tomatoes
- Mixed leaf lettuce
Preheat oven to 180°C. In a small baking dish place the cherry tomatoes and drizzle with a few drops of olive oil. Cook for 10 minutes.
While the tomatoes are roasting, sprinkle the minute steaks with garlic salt.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the steaks for 2 minutes a side.
Split the rolls and assemble in this order. Lettuce, steak, aioli, onion rings, warm cherry tomatoes with the top of the roll on last. Serve with shoestring fries.
- Be careful that those cherry tomatoes are not too hot when you serve them. They have a habit of bursting hot tomato juice when they are.
- Use the best store bought aioli you can get. Aioli is basically a garlic mayonaise and if I don't have any I have been known to mix some minced garlic into good mayonaise.
- You should be able to get this on the table in under 20 minutes. It's gourmet takeaway!
Related fast dinners recipes
- Beef and glass noodle stirfry
- French omelette
- Easy lamb koftas
- Fettucine alfredo
- Spaghetti with tuna and tomatoes
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Chicken wraps
- Steak sandwich
- Gnocchi with tomato and basil
- Penne with ricotta, spinach and cherry tomatoes
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.