Creamy penne with cherry tomatoes recipe
- 6 cups cooked mini penne
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup smooth ricotta
- 3 handfuls of spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper
Heat the olive oil in the frying pan and cook the garlic for 2 minutes.
Add the cherry tomatoes and fry them for a 3 minutes being careful to move them around the pan to stop them from sticking.
Add the smooth ricotta and penne to the pan and stir to coat and warm all the ingredients.
Just before serving add salt and pepper and spinach leaves.
- Serve this with crusty garlic bread on the side. If you cant be bothered to make garlic bread you can toast a bun, butter it then rub with a cut clove of garlic.
- Make sure you season this well. The tomatoes really need the salt to bring out their flavour.
Related fast dinners recipes
- Beef and glass noodle stirfry
- French omelette
- Easy lamb koftas
- Fettucine alfredo
- Spaghetti with tuna and tomatoes
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Chicken wraps
- Gnocchi with tomato and basil
- Penne with ricotta, spinach and cherry tomatoes
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.