Homestyle chips recipe
- 8 large sebago potatoes, peeled and cut into BIG batons
- vegetable oil for frying
Place chips into a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 mins.
Drain and lay the potatoes out on a clean dry tea towel.
Heat vegetable oil for frying.
Fry the chips until golden. Serve with salt and vinegar on the side.
- I use sebago potatoes for these chips because they grow really big!
- Boiling the chips for a few minutes gives them that fluffy interior that make chips delicious.
- You can shallow fry these if you don't have a deep fryer. Just make sure to turn them to make them golden all over.
- These are great served with Beer batter fish, Maldon sea salt flakes and some nice malty vinegar.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.