Easy five cup loaf recipe
An easy recipe made with pantry ingredients which contains no eggs. A great lunch box recipe. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand's recipe finder
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1 cup milk
Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
Pour into lined tin.
Bake for 40-45 mins until cake springs back when lightly touched in the centre.
- This is a favourite for lunch box treats at my place.
- Make sure you don't let it stand before it goes into the oven or all the sultanas will sink to the bottom.
- This is a recipe that you can whip up from pantry ingredients. Keep this recipe in your bag of tricks for when the budget is running low.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find related cake recipes
- Everyday chocolate cake recipe
- Dirt cake recipe
- Orange and polenta cake
- Apple and hazelnut cake recipe
- Chocolate pavlova
- Mars Bar mud cake
- Lemon coconut surprise
- Marble cake
- Orange cake with orange icing
- Chocolate ripple and raspberry cake