Flower fairy cakes recipe
- 110g caster sugar
- 110g Canola Spread
- 2 whole egg, lightly beaten
- 110g self-raising white flour
- 1 tsp (s) vanilla essence, (plus 12 tiny fresh flowers)
- 30g egg white, (1 egg white)
- 25g caster sugar
- 25g icing sugar
Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
Combine sugar, spread, eggs, flour, a pinch of salt and vanilla into a large mixing bowl. Beat with electric beaters for 1 minute, or until thick and well combined. Spoon into prepared muffin tray.
Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until risen and firm. Remove cup cakes from tray and transfer to a cake rack to cool completely.
To make crystallized flowers, paint the flower petals with lightly beaten egg white and dip into caster sugar. Leave to dry.
Mix the icing sugar with a little water and food colouring of choice to make a smooth icing. Spread onto cakes. Decorate with flowers, but do not eat them.
- These cupcakes can look so different, depending on which food colour you choose to colour your icing. Pastels work really well, however stronger colours like red and green can also look pretty spectacular.
- This recipe was created by Weight Watchers.