Healthy beef burger with cheese, tomato and onion recipe
- 400g premium lean beef mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp (s) olive oil
- 1/8 tsp (s) dried oregano
- 4 tbsp reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 4 medium white bread roll, halved
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
Preheat a grill pan or barbeque over medium-high heat.
Combine beef and garlic in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Form mixture into 4 x 1cm thick patties. Place patties on grill and cook for 4-5 minutes each side, then sprinkle each patty with 1 tbsp cheese and cook until cheese has melted.
Meanwhile, brush both sides of onion with oil. Grill for approximately 5 minutes, or until bottom is slightly brown. Turn and sprinkle with oregano and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Lightly toast rolls on grill. Place patties on rolls then top with onion and tomato.
- The secret to a juicy, lean patty is to avoid pressing down on it while it cooks so it retains all its juices.
- This article was created by Weight Watchers.