Pavlova with yoghurt and fruit recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 300g Low Fat Vanilla & Strawberry Yoghurt
- 250g fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, thinly sliced
- 3 medium passionfruit, pulp removed
- 1 tsp fresh mint, (baby leaves), to serve
Preheat oven to 120°C. Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
Place the egg whites and cream of tartar in a clean, dry bowl. Beat with electric beaters until stiff peaks form. Gradually add sugar while continuing to beat, until the sugar has dissolved and mixture is thick and glossy.
Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions, spread each portion evenly into a rectangular shape (approx 10 x 20cm) on the prepared trays.
Bake for 45 minutes, rotating trays halfway through cooking time, or until meringue is dry and crisp. Turn off the oven, but leave trays in the oven with the door ajar to cool for 1 hour.
Place a meringue rectangle on a large serving plate. Spread with one-third yoghurt, top with one-third of the strawberries and drizzle with one-third passionfruit pulp. Repeat layers two more times, finishing with a layer of strawberries and passionfruit.
Garnish with mint leaves. Serve immediately.
- The meringue can be made up to one day in advance and stored in a large airtight container.
- Pavlovas are best eaten on the day they are assembled; however, it will still taste fine if it's stored in the fridge and eaten the next day.
- This recipe was created by Weight Watchers