Chocolate mud pie recipe
- 250g pkt plain sweet biscuits (I used Arrowroot biscuits)
- 175g butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g raisins
- 80g milk chocolate
- 3 tbsp chocolate sprinkles
Break the biscuits into small pieces. Set aside.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
Take the saucepan off the heat and add the cocoa and sugar.
Add the biscuit pieces and raisins to the butter mixture and combine thoroughly.
Line a round cake tin with foil.
Pour the mixture into the tin and press down firmly.
Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Break the chocolate up into small pieces in a small bowl and melt over a bowl of boiling water.
Turn the pie out onto a serving plate.
Pour the chocolate over the pie and spread across the surface evenly.
Scatter the chocolate sprinkles across the chocolate. Leave to set.
- This no-bake mud pie is great fun for little kids to help make because you don’t have to worry about the oven at all.
- You could turn this into mini mud pies and refrigerate the mixture in paper cases in a muffin tray.
- This is pretty messy to eat! It does crumble a little too when you cut it into slices so this is a great one to eat outside!
- This recipe was created by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.