French onion chicken drumsticks recipe
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tin (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 pkt (40g) French onion soup mix
- 8 chicken drumsticks
In a small saucepan heat the oil and gently fry the onion until it is transparent.
Remove from heat and add soy sauce, soup mix,tomatoes and water. Stir to combine.
In the slow cooker place the drumsticks so that the heavy ends are all on the bottom.
Pour over the sauce mix and gently move the drumsticks around until they are all coated.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
Serve with steamed vegies and rice.
- I love the simplicity of this meal! It is cheap and easy and is great to have cooking when you want your house to smell lovely all day.
- If you are in a hurry you can cook this on high for 3 & 1/2 to 4 hours.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.