Maple sausages recipe
- Canola spray
- 12 thin sausages
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup maple-flavoured syrup
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 cup water
In a frying pan, cook the sausages until they are almost done. Remove from pan and set aside. Pour off excess fat.
Fry the onions until just soft and add all of the sauce ingredients.
Bring to the boil and add the sausages and cook for 5 minutes until sauce is reduced and the sauce is thick and glossy.
Serve with steamed vegetables on a bed of smooth mashed potato.
- This recipe just seemed like it was going to be TOO sweet for me but I tried just using half the maple syrup and it needs the whole cup.
- I used maple-flavoured syrup because real maple syrup would have cost more than the sausages.
- Serving it with mash and steamed vegetables cuts through the sweetness.
Related fast dinners recipes
- Beef and glass noodle stirfry
- French omelette
- Easy lamb koftas
- Fettucine alfredo
- Spaghetti with tuna and tomatoes
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Chicken wraps
- Steak sandwich
- Gnocchi with tomato and basil
- Penne with ricotta, spinach and cherry tomatoes
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.