- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 300ml vegetable oil
- Ground white pepper
In a food processor place the egg yolks, salt and lemon juice. Process until the ingredients are well combined (this is called an emulsion).
Place oil in a jug. Turn food processor on high and pour the oil into the food processor while it's running in a thin stream.
Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides of the food processor and the base. When all oil has been added stop and taste for seasoning and lemon juice. Adjust to your taste.
- Some people like to use olive oil when making mayonnaise but I believe it is too heavy and too much of its own flavour. You can use half and half if you like.
- This recipe makes approximately 2 cups. You need this quantity for it to mix properly in the food processor.
- If your mayonnaise splits you can add another egg yolk to the mix and see if it re-almagamates.
Fast dinners recipes
- Beef and glass noodle stirfry
- French omelette
- Easy lamb koftas
- Fettucine alfredo
- Spaghetti with tuna and tomatoes
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Chicken wraps
- Steak sandwich
- Gnocchi with tomato and basil
- Penne with ricotta, spinach and cherry tomatoes
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.