One ingredient ice-cream recipe
A delicious healthy dessert ice-cream made from just bananas. This recipe! With no added sugar, this ice cream recipe is healthy and filling. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand
- 6 slightly overripe bananas
Peel bananas and cut into slices.
Place on a plate in the freezer for 2 hours.
Place in food processor or blender and blend on high for 3 mins.
- The bananas have to be overipe so you don't get that green banana taste in your ice cream.
- You can add a few different things to this mix to make it a little more decadent. Try a couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter or Nutella. You might also want to top it with some toasted walnuts and maple syrup. For a real chocolate experience you can just add some cocoa.
- If you are having trouble getting the consistency that you like, add a dash of milk and just keep blending.
- Store it back in the freezer for when you need an ice cream fix!
Related banana recipes
- Banana cake with passionfruit cream
- Banana custard pie
- Banana pancakes with caramel sauce
- Banana mini-muffins with cream cheese icing
- Sour cream banana muffins
- Nutella and banana bread
- Banana cake
- Banana cake with lemon icing
- Chocolate flecked banana cake
- Banana splits
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.