- 500g fatty pork mince, finely minced
- 250g green prawn meat, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 small can water chestnuts
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 pkts wonton wrappers (approximately 50 per pkt)
- Eggwash-1 egg beaten with a dash of milk
Place all of the ingredients except for the wonton wrappers and the eggwash into the food processor and process on high for 2-3 mins.
Cover and refrigerate for an hour or 2.
Remove from fridge and set out a plate and the eggwash.
Take a wonton wrapper in your palm and place a tsp of mince into the centre. Wash the eggwash over two adjacent edges and fold opposite corner to corner. Make sure there is no air pocket inside. Bring the left and right triangle corners to meet and seal together with a little eggwash. Freeze until ready to use.
- Drop these into boiling stock and return to boil and simmer for 3 minutes to cook. Serve with some green vegetable and add some egg noodles if you are really hungry.
- Don't skip the step of resting the mix in the fridge. A really important chemical reaction happens during this time.
- Do not be tempted to use lean pork mince. It is entirely different and won't help your recipe.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.