Chicken, pesto and tomato penne recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 BBQ chicken breast, roughly chopped
- 300g penne pasta
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- ¼ cup cream
- parmesan cheese, to serve
Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add penne pasta and cook according to packet instructions.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a frying pan. Add chicken and cook for one minute.
Add the white wine and stir through. Turn down to a simmer.
Add the pesto, tomatoes and the cream and stir through.
Drain the cooked pasta and add to the sauce in the frying pan. Toss through the sauce and serve with a grating of parmesan cheese on top.
- This is such a delicious dinner – it’s hard to believe you can have it on the table in 15 minutes!
- The addition of the cream and white wine turns the pesto into a sauce that has a lot of extra body.
- I think that it’s important to grate fresh parmesan cheese on top of pasta – don’t even consider the supermarket grated variety!
- This recipe makes the most of leftover BBQ chicken.
More pasta recipes:
- Chorizo pasta
- Bacon and bean fettuccine
- Curtis Stone’s fettuccine bolognaise
- Speedy pasta boscaiola
- Ear pasta with bacon and peas
- Sage butter ravioli
This recipe was created by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.